Equine massage is the practice of massage therapy on horses and is used for pain relief, relaxation, stress reduction, or enhancement of athletic performance. Whether there is a specific goal or not, massage therapy tends to increase the general health and wellness of the horse.
During the massage, the soft tissue is manipulated with the goal of loosening tight muscles, joints, tendons, scar tissue and edema; increasing blood flow and lymphatic activity; and reducing stress.
Among the many documented benefits of massage are:
- Enhance muscle tone and range of motion.
- Reduce inflammation and swelling in the joints, thereby alleviating pain.
- Promote the healing process by increasing the flow of nutrients to the muscles, and aids in carrying away excessive fluids and toxins.
- Release tension and relax muscles.
- Stimulate circulation by releasing tension in muscles and releasing endorphins – the body’s natural pain killers.
- Help to maintain the whole body in better physical condition.
Call 214-799-1229 to schedule your horse’s massage appointment.